biodroxil is suitable for the treatment of infections ceased by cefadroxil is ensitive organisms such as.
• Infections of the upper respiratory tract ( acute and chronic otitis media and sinusitis. pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis)
• Infections of the lower respirolory tract (acute and chronic bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, bacterial pneumonia!
• Infections of urogenital tract ( uncomplicated and complicated urinary tract infections such as cystitis, pyelonephritis, adnexitis. utethritis, rostotitis, solpingitis)
• Infections of the skin and soft tissue. ( abscesses, furuncles, impetigo, pyodormia. erysipelas, lymphadenitis, wound in. factions)
• Infections of the bones and joints (osteomyelitis)
Brodroxil should not be used in severe systemic infections in which B • loctomose • stable cephalosporins are more effective.
The overage dosage for children with normal »no1 function consists of 25 - 50 mg / kg body weight given in one single dose or in two equal divided doses at 12 • hour intervals) per day.
The dose may be increased to 100 mg / kg body weight depending on the severity of the infection and the susceptibility of the causative agent Children between 9 and IS years of age (30. 40 kg body weight:. receive 2 cop. sales of Biodtoxil 500 mg per day given in one single dose or in two divided doses. The dose may be increased or even doubled in severe infections.
Adults and juveniles weighing more than 40 kg with normal renal function and mild to moderately severe infections receive 1- 2 g of Biodioxil in one single dose or in two equal divided doses per day. The dose may be increased or even doubled in severe infections